(April 1st Revision) … Hokuriku Arch Pass
JR-EAST and JR-WEST offer this pass valid for travel in the Hokuriku region. Customers can travel between Tokyo and Osaka, including popular stops such as Kyoto, Kobe, Nara, Kansai Airport, Fukui, Kanazawa, Toyama, Haneda Airport and Narita Airport.
Limited express trains (Shinkansen included), express trains, and local trains between Narita and Haneda Airports, the Tokyo Metropolitan area, the Hokuriku area, the Kansai area, and Kansai-airport.
- Narita Express limited express train in the free usage area
- The Tokyo Monorail between Haneda Airport Terminal 2 and Hamamatsucho
- The Hokuriku Shinkansen between Tokyo and Kanazawa Thunderbird limited express between Kanazawa and Osaka
- The Haruka limited express between Shin-Osaka/Kyoto and Kansai-airport
- JR lines in the Tokyo Metropolitan District, JR lines in the Keihanshin area (Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe and Nara)
- The Etsumi-Hoku Line, Nanao Line, Himi Line, Johana Line, Takayama Main Line (between Toyama and Inotani) Oito Line (between Itoigawa and Minami-Otari)
- IR Ishikawa Railway, Ainokaze Toyama Railway, and Noto Railway
Hokuriku Arch Passes are available as follows:
- Standalone 9B/450
Standalone sales (ticketed on 9B plate) are possible in these BSP/ARC markets:
- ARC USA
- BSP Australia
- BSP Austria
- BSP Belgium/Netherlands/Luxembourg
- BSP Canada
- BSP Czech Republic
- BSP Finland
- BSP France
- BSP Germany
- BSP Hong Kong
- BSP India
- BSP Indonesia
- BSP Ireland
- BSP Italy
- BSP Macao
- BSP Malaysia
- BSP Mexico
- BSP Norway
- BSP Scandinavia – Open in Sweden, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
- BSP Singapore
- BSP South Korea
- BSP Spain
- BSP Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- BSP Taiwan
- BSP Thailand
- BSP UK
- BSP Vietnam
- Foreign nationals who are holders of non-Japanese passports (who have entered Japan with a “Temporary Visitor” visa to stay in Japan for no longer than 90 days) are eligible. Passports are required for confirmation purposes at the time of exchange or purchase.
- 9B flight 9988
- Y – Standard Class / ‘Ordinary Class’
- Children under 6 ride free if no seat is required.
- No group bookings allowed. Up to 99 passengers with unique names can be issued on the same PNR
GDS Availability Display
The image below identifies available train flights bookable with the Hokuriku Arch Pass:
The image below is a PNR booked on the GDS by a travel agent.
Passenger may obtain a refund for the Exchange Order at the office or travel agent that issued it within one year from the issue according to the regulation of each sales office. The type of Exchange Order cannot be changed after arrival at Japan. After exchange into a Hokuriku Arch Pass, it can be refunded at the nearest exchange office in Japan only within the validity period and before the first date of use, with a 10% handling fee deducted from the refund. No refund can be made for any reason after the first date of use.
When the passenger arrives in Japan, they must use their Exchange Order to receive the actual Hokuriku Arch Pass. The passenger will need to show a valid passport with the entry status of “Temporary Visitor” (permission to stay in Japan for up to 90 days). The exchange must happen within 3 months from the Exchange Order issuance. List of Exchange Offices: Please refer to the Hokuriku Arch Pass Website for the locations of exchange offices.
Once the Exchange Order e-ticket has been redeemed for the actual Hokuriku Arch Pass, the passenger can use the pass for 7 consecutive days from the first day of use. The pass must be used within one month after exchange.
Period of Validity
- Consecutive 7 days. The pass must be used within one month after exchange.
Seat ReservationsHokuriku Arch Pass holders can reserve seats on Shinkansen services, limited express trains, and other trains without an extra charge. Visit the Hokuriku Arch Pass official website for details. *Seats are limited, so please make your reservation as early as possible. *You can reserve seats on trains up to 1 month prior to the date of your journey. To reserve a seat at a station, insert the rail pass into the JR East & West Reserved Seat Ticket Vending Machines (Note that some rail passes issued at certain ticket office will not support this service. Seat reservations are still available at ticket counters as well).
Travelers bring their own luggage on the train and must be able to handle their own luggage without assistance, within the following:
- up to two pieces of baggage on board free of charge.
- – for each bag the total of the length, width and height must not exceed 250 centimeters, the length must not exceed two meters and the weight must be no more than 30 kilograms.
From Kansai International Airport:
- The Hokuriku Arch Pass is valid for travel on the Kansai-Airport Express “HARUKA” train (reserved seat). Click here for more information on destinations from Kansai International Airport.
- In order to obtain their Hokuriku Arch Pass valid on the HARUKA train, passengers should first present themselves at the JR Ticket Office (Midori-no-Madoguchi) at Kansai International Airport.
Terms & Conditions
Visit the Hokuriku Arch Pass website