Korail, the primary train operator in South Korea, now offers their national rail network through AccesRail with all products sold as e-ticket through the GDS systems. Korail’s point to point tickets can be booked as stand-alone product or in conjunction with a connecting flight [for the list of airlines interlining with AccesRail, please click here]
Passengers can travel from/to Incheon Airport (ICN) to/from the following destinations:
- Dongdaegu (XDK)
- Gwangju-Seonjoeng (XNJ)
- Ulsan (XLF)
- Pohang (XPB)
- Busan (XMB)
- Yeosu-Expo (XYT)
- Mokpo (XKX)
- Jinju (XJX)
Passengers travelling from Incheon Airport (ICN) will need to take AREX Express Train or All-Stop Train both departing from AREX platform in the direction of the Seoul Train Station, where they need to change to Korail KTX train to the destination.
Passengers travelling to Incheon Airport (ICN) will need to change at the Seoul Train Station to AREX Express or All-Stop Train both departing from AREX platform in the direction of the Incheon Airport.
Tickets include travel on AREX Express and All-Stop Train as well as on Korail KTX trains.
Korail tickets are available as follows:
Sales (ticketed on 9B plate) are possible in these BSP/ARC markets:
- ARC USA
- BSP Australia
- BSP Austria
- BSP Belgium/Netherlands/Luxembourg
- BSP Canada
- BSP Czech Republic
- BSP Finland
- BSP France
- BSP Germany
- BSP Hong Kong
- BSP India
- BSP Italy
- BSP Indonesia
- BSP Japan
- BSP Macao
- BSP Malaysia
- BSP Mexico
- BSP Scandinavia – Open in Sweden, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
- BSP Singapore
- BSP South Korea
- BSP Spain
- BSP Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- BSP Taiwan
- BSP Thailand
- BSP UK
- BSP Vietnam
- Sirena Travel
- Travel Sky
Standalone sales are available worldwide
- 9B 1100-1299
- Y (Economy)
Auto Cancellation of Booking
- 48 hours prior to departure
- Infants and Children aged 0-5 ride free (without their own seat). All others ride as Adults.
GDS Availability Display
When issuing on 9B/450 plate please use “ SSR CTCE” format at the booking time in order to communicate PAX email address to 9B so that 9B could send an email 72 hours to departure reminding passenger about compulsory check-in on accesrail.com.
- Bookings are fully flexible until 24 hours before departure or until checked-in.
- There is a 20% cancellation fee 24 hours before departure until departure.
- Cancellations after departure date and once checked in are 100% chargeable.
- Requests for refunds must be initiated at the point of sale.
- For interline fares refunds will be applied according to fare rules
- Also, after checked-in – no refund.
- AREX and All-Stop train services are booked at the time of check-in and are non-refundable.
- No group bookings allowed. Up to 9 passengers with unique names can be issued on the same PNR.
One pick up number will be generated per direction. This means that, for a return journey, the traveler will receive two pick up numbers. As instructed during the booking process, the passenger can only check-in on check-in.accesrail.com within 72 hours of their travel date.
The passenger will enter his/her first and last name and one of the following information:
- Airline electronic ticket number (13 digit)
- Airline PNR locator
Passenger visits check-in.accesrail.com within 72 hours prior to departure.
Passenger enters his/her first and last name and one of the following: PNR Locator or; e-ticket number.
Passenger prints the travel document, which is required for boarding.
The issued travel documents for a direct service includes a Korail travel document, as seen below.
For connecting services (AREX Express Train) a second ticket is issued for that specific service.
In the event of an Interline ticket with a service in/out of Incheon, an information page will also be provided at the time of check-in:
Period of Validity
- Scheduled train departure time (indicated on the boarding pass).
Passengers can take and carry two or fewer items that do not occupy a seat or aisle, except for the items specified below:
- Dangerous goods prescribed in Articles 42 and 43 of the Railway Safety Act
- Animals (except when pets with necessary immunizations are placed in a special bag without fear of causing harm or inconvenience to others)
- Goods that may cause inconvenience to passenger traffic such as a bicycle (except for a folded bike in a folded state, completely disassembled and placed in a bag)
- Items that may cause discomfort to others (i.e. unclean or unpleasant smell)
Bookings from Incheon to destinations within South Korea will require a change of train in Seoul Station. The AREX Express service between Incheon Airport and Seoul Station will be booked together with the connecting service and the passenger will receive two tickets, one for the AREX Express Train and one for the high-speed Korail service out of Seoul Station. The AREX Express Service ticket can be used on the All-Stop Service.
Note: It is your responsibility to allot enough time to make the connection to your flight or train departure.
In the event of airline delay, Korail will provide a seat (if possible) or standing room availability to accommodate the passenger on the next available train.