- At the time of check-in on accesrail.com the passenger must print their Renfe ticket (boarding pass), as without their printed Renfe ticket they will not be able to board the train. It is important to note that printing Renfe tickets at the train station is not an option.
- After train departure Renfe tickets are 100% non refundable; prior to departure penalties apply according to the tariff rules.
Renfe, the state-owned rail transport provider of Spain, offers air-rail interlining and standalone booking with AccesRail 9B/450.
Renfe’s E-ticket 9B segments are typically to/from Madrid or Barcelona and one of the following stations:
|Madrid (XTI/MAD)||Madrid (XOC/MAD)||Barcelona (BCN)|
Renfe E-tickets are available as follows:
Standalone sales (ticketed on 9B plate) are possible in these BSP/ARC markets:
- ARC USA
- BSP Australia
- BSP Austria
- BSP Belgium/Netherlands/Luxembourg
- BSP Canada
- BSP Czech Republic
- BSP Finland
- BSP France
- BSP Germany
- BSP Hong Kong
- BSP India
- BSP Indonesia
- BSP Ireland
- BSP Italy
- BSP Japan
- BSP Macao
- BSP Malaysia
- BSP Mexico
- BSP Norway
- BSP Scandinavia – Open in Sweden, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
- BSP Singapore
- BSP South Korea
- BSP Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- BSP Taiwan
- BSP Thailand
- BSP UK
- BSP Vietnam
- Infini Sabre
- Sirena Travel
- Travel Sky
- Available worldwide.
- 9B flights 4000 – 4999
- S: Elige class
|Feature||Economy class||Business class|
|Exclusive access to the in-station Business class lounge||X|
|A delicious meal – with wine – and beverages included in the price of your ticket||X|
|Power outlets at your seat for your laptop||X||X|
|Our famous chocolate after your meal||X|
Auto Cancellation of Booking
- If booking not ticketed 8 days before departure, the booking will be auto cancelled every 24 hours before departure. Booking will be auto cancelled every 360 minutes 24 hours before departure.
- Bookings must be made 25 hours in advance prior to travel.
- N/A. Adult fare only. Scheduled train departure time (indicated on the boarding pass).
- No group bookings allowed. Up to 9 passengers with unique names can be issued on the same PNR.
GDS Availability Display
The image below is a typical GDS availability display demonstrating the possible itineraries between Bogota (Colombia) and Barcelona (Spain). Itineraries with a 9B rail segment appear along with flight transfers.
The image below is a PNR booked on the GDS by a travel agent or an airline ticketing officer (ATO).
When issuing on 9B/450 plate please use “ SSR CTCE” format at the booking time in order to communicate PAX email address to 9B so that 9B could send an email 72 hours to departure reminding passenger about compulsory check-in on accesrail.com.
- Refunds made 8 days before departure are fully refundable.
- Refunds made 8-4 days before departure are charged 15%.
- Refunds made 4 days to 24 hours before departure are charged 25%.
- Tickets are fully non-refundable 24 hours before departure.
- Tickets are non-refundable once checked in.
Earliest 72 hours before train departure, the passenger will have to check-in at www.accesrail.com to print the Renfe E-ticket boarding pass, which includes their seat reservation.
Passenger visits check-in.accesrail.com within 72 hours prior to departure.
Passenger enters his/her first and last name and one of the following: PNR Locator or; e-ticket number.
Passenger prints the travel document, which is required for boarding.
At the time of purchase the travel agent issues the e-ticket and receives the Renfe e-ticket pickup number via Special Service Request (SSR). To retrieve their actual travel document, passengers must check-in prior to boarding the train.
The passenger must print their Renfe ticket (boarding pass) at the time of check-in on check-in.accesrail.com. Check-in must be done within 72 hours of their travel date.
Passengers who do not have their printed Renfe ticket will not be able to board the train. It is important to note that printing Renfe tickets at the train station is not an option.
Renfe Train e-tickets
The issued travel documents include a Renfe Train Ticket, as seen below, and a page containing information on connections between airports and train stations.
Period of Validity
- Scheduled train departure time (indicated on the boarding pass).
Transfer Connections to/from the Airport
Passengers can refer to pages 2, 3 and 4 of their travel documents for conditions of travel and information on transfer connections between the airport and the city center in either Madrid or Barcelona.
Travelers bring their own luggage on the train and must be able to handle their own luggage without assistance, within the following:
- All ticketed passengers may carry up to three pieces of luggage, under their supervision and responsibility, in the areas designated for this purpose.
- The sum of the dimensions of the three items may not exceed 290 cm, and the largest of the three may not exceed the following dimensions: 85 x 55 x 35 cm (height-width-depth).
- The total weight of the three may not exceed 64 kg.
How to commute between Spanish airports and train stations in city centers:
Terms and Conditions
Please refer to terms and conditions here.
What if the passenger misses their train connection?
The passenger will need to go to the Renfe counter where Renfe will provide them with a new travel document valid on the first available train.
In case of travel delays, airlines will issue the following voucher: