TransPennine Express offers air-rail interlining and standalone booking with AccesRail 9B/450. Passengers can make a single booking that covers both the air and the rail segment (via a print at home ticket) to a selection of train stations. Passengers receive an intermodal ticket that covers both their flight and rail journey.
Depending on which airport the passenger travels, train connections are slightly different:
Arriving at Manchester airport
Part of this interoperable ticket includes a combined ticket which enables passengers to travel directly between Manchester Airport (MAN) and their destination* or to Manchester Piccadilly (QQM) train station for ongoing travel to other destinations**.
TransPennine Express offers direct train services from Manchester Airport (MAN) to selected destinations* or to Manchester Piccadilly for connections** to direct train services
- Preston* (XPT)
- Lancaster* (XQL)
- Edinburgh* (ZXE)
- Glasgow* (ZGG)
- York* (QQY)
- Sheffield** (ZFG)
TransPennine Express tickets are available as follows:
Standalone sales (ticketed on 9B plate) are possible in these BSP/ARC markets:
- ARC USA
- BSP Australia
- BSP Austria
- BSP Belgium/Netherlands/Luxembourg
- BSP Canada
- BSP Czech Republic
- BSP Finland
- BSP France
- BSP Germany
- BSP Hong Kong
- BSP India
- BSP Indonesia
- BSP Ireland
- BSP Italy
- BSP Japan
- BSP Macao
- BSP Malaysia
- BSP Mexico
- BSP Norway
- BSP Scandinavia – Open in Sweden, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
- BSP Singapore
- BSP South Korea
- BSP Spain
- BSP Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- BSP Taiwan
- BSP Thailand
- BSP UK
- BSP Vietnam
- Infini Sabre
- Sirena Travel
- Travel Sky
- Available worldwide.
- 9B flights 6400 – 6599
Anytime tickets Anytime tickets Advance Tickets
|First Class||Standard Class|
|Anytime tickets||Anytime tickets|
Auto Cancellation of Booking
- Anything which has not been ticketed will be auto-cancelled within 36 hours of departure.
GDS Availability Display
Standard availability display in any GDS as for any distributed flight (train) using official IATA codes.
Standard booking procedure.
When issuing on 9B/450 plate please use “ SSR CTCE” format at the booking time in order to communicate PAX email address to 9B so that 9B could send an email 72 hours to departure reminding passenger about compulsory check-in on accesrail.com.
- TICKETS CAN BE SOLD WORLDWIDE
- TICKETS ARE REFUNDABLE UP TO CHECKED IN WITH A CANCELLATION FEE OF 15%
- After checked- in – No refund
- Ticketing time limit – not ticketed bookings will be cancelled 48 hours before departure by 9B auto cancellation process.
- Bookings made within 36 hours of departure must be ticketed within 2 hours
- No bookings allowed 2 hours before departure.
- Combinable with any 9B products and with all approved airlines.’
- Auto-fly coupon at departure.
- No group bookings allowed. Up to 99 passengers with unique names can be issued on the same PNR.
Passenger visits check-in.accesrail.com within 72 hours prior to departure.
Passenger enters his/her first and last name and one of the following: PNR Locator or; e-ticket number.
Passenger prints the travel document, which is required for boarding.
As instructed during the booking process, passenger needs to visit check-in.accesrail.com maximum 72 hours before departure.
Printing travel document at a train station will not be possible. Passenger must check-in on : check-in.accesrail.com in order to obtain compulsory travel document with a barcode.
Passenger needs to enter his/her first and last name and one of the following:
- Airline electronic ticket number (13 digit)
- Airline PNR locator.
- During check-in and before Rail ticket is issued, passenger has to insert passport number
Normal check-in process should be used. There is a limit of 9 passengers that can be checked-in in one transaction.
Link to ACP RailNet for seat res and other products.
Each passenger will receive the official PDF ticket for self-printing or mobile ticket.
The ticket layout is:
The barcode on the FTPE ticket will be the actual real barcode and can be used to open gates as well as verified by onboard staff
Period of Validity
- F-Class and Y-Class: FTPE ticket is valid on any departure on the date shown on the ticket
Valid to be used within 24 hours of the travel date marked on the ticket.
Seat reservations are not included in the ticket. J-Class and Y-Class tickets are open-tickets so the passenger can board any departure with an available seat on the date shown on the ticket. Q-Class passengers can take any available seat on the scheduled departure.
Travelers bring their own luggage on the train and must be able to handle their own luggage without assistance, within the following:
- one item of hand luggage that must be capable of being held in their lap if required,
- plus up to 2 items of luggage each not exceeding 30 x 70 x 90 cm in size.
If customers require assistance for their journey by train with TransPennine Express they need to book this in advance of their journey. Details on how to book assistance can be found here.
Terms & Conditions
Travel is subject to the National Rail Conditions of Carriage. Please refer to the conditions on the travel document.
What if the passenger misses their train connection?
For passengers in F-Class and Y-Class, this is not an issue as they can travel on any departure on the date shown on the ticket. For passengers in Q-Class, they can take the next scheduled train (subject to availability).