VIA Rail Canada
VIA Rail Canada offers an extensive network for travel throughout its popular Quebec City – Montreal – Ottawa – Toronto – Windsor corridor. For passengers travelling from Toronto Pearson Airport (YYZ), they can book an interoperable ticket, which includes an UP Airport Express ticket to enable passengers to travel between Pearson Airport (YYZ) and Toronto Union train station. The passenger must change trains at Toronto Union train station. Passengers travelling from Montreal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau Airport can also book an interoperable ticket which includes travel between Trudeau Airport (YUL) and Dorval train station using Indigo shuttles.
Now you can combine airlines’ flight segments with VIA Rail Canada’s train segments in a single PNR. For our interline partners offering a through-fare, you can issue an e-ticket for the air-rail itinerary on that airlines’ plate. For add-on rail fares to other airlines’ air fares, you can issue a separate e-ticket plated on 9B (AccesRail) for the rail segment.
VIA Rail E-tickets are available on the following routes.
|Kingston (XEG)||Montreal (YUL**, XAX, YMY)||Ottawa (XDS)||Toronto (YBZ)|
|Toronto Airport (YYZ)*||Quebec City (XLJ)|
*requires merge at YBZ with UP Express
**requires merge at XAX with Indigo
VIA Rail E-tickets are available as follows:
Standalone sales (ticketed on 9B plate) are possible in these BSP/ARC markets:
- ARC USA
- BSP Australia
- BSP Austria
- BSP Belgium/Netherlands/Luxembourg
- BSP Canada
- BSP Czech Republic
- BSP Finland
- BSP France
- BSP Germany
- BSP Hong Kong
- BSP India
- BSP Indonesia
- BSP Ireland
- BSP Italy
- BSP Japan
- BSP Macao
- BSP Malaysia
- BSP Mexico
- BSP Norway
- BSP Scandinavia – Open in Sweden, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
- BSP Singapore
- BSP South Korea
- BSP Spain
- BSP Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- BSP Taiwan
- BSP Thailand
- BSP UK
- BSP Vietnam
- Infini Sabre
- Sirena Travel
- Travel Sky
- Available worldwide.
- 9B flights 9500 – 9699
- J: Business Plus class
- Y: Economy Plus class
|Feature||Economy class||Business class|
|Exclusive access to the in-station Business class lounge||X|
|A delicious meal – with wine – and beverages included in the price of your ticket||X|
|Power outlets at your seat for your laptop||X||X|
|Our famous chocolate after your meal||X|
Auto Cancellation of Booking
- Anything not ticketed will be auto-cancelled 7 days to departure. Anything booked up to 7 days before departure will be auto-cancelled every 60 minutes for non-ticketed bookings. Anything booked but not ticketed 2 days to departure will be auto-cancelled if not ticketed immediately.
- N/A. Adult fare only.
GDS Availability Display
The image below is a typical GDS availability display demonstrating a possible itinerary between Montreal Dorval Airport and Ottawa.
The image below is a PNR booked on the GDS by a travel agent or an airline ticketing officer (ATO).
When issuing on 9B/450 plate please use “ SSR CTCE” format at the booking time in order to communicate PAX email address to 9B so that 9B could send an email 72 hours to departure reminding passenger about compulsory check-in on accesrail.com.
- 48 hours prior to departure: 15% penalty.
- Up to 48 hours before departure: non-refundable.
- For interline fares refunds will be applied according to fare rules.
- No group bookings allowed. Up to 6 passengers with unique names can be issued on the same PNR.
Earliest 72 hours before train departure, the passenger will have to check-in at www.accesrail.com to print the VIA Rail Canada boarding pass, which includes their seat reservation. At time of booking, please inform the passenger to keep the PNR locator or e-ticket number handy to facilitate check-in.
Passenger visits check-in.accesrail.com within 72 hours prior to departure.
Passenger enters his/her first and last name and one of the following: PNR Locator or; e-ticket number.
Passenger prints the travel document, which is required for boarding.
At the time of purchase the travel agent issues the e-ticket and receives the ticket pickup number via Special Service Request (SSR). To retrieve their actual travel document, passengers must check-in prior to boarding the train.
- Sample of VIA Rail travel documents
- Sample of UP Express travel documents.
Period of Validity
- Scheduled train departure time (indicated on the boarding pass).
A seat reservation is included in the booking of this ticket. Most boarding passes will include an assigned seat reservation after passenger check-in. Please note that select trains do not offer assigned seating.
From Montréal-Trudeau Airport to Dorval Station
- The Indigo free shuttle service between Montreal-Trudeau Airport to the Dorval VIA Rail Station runs at regular intervals (every 20 to 30 minutes). The approximate travel time is 20 minutes, depending upon the traffic conditions.
- The shuttle posts are located between door “8” and “9” on the departure level.
- When arriving at Montreal-Trudeau Airport, please visit the Information Center located near door 28. It is open from 7 am to 4 pm and after these hours there is a phone line connected to the Departures Information Center should you require assistance.
From Dorval Station to Montreal- Trudeau Airport
- Passengers travelling to the Montreal Trudeau Airport can take the Indigo shuttle bus for free from the Dorval Station. The travel time is approximately 20 minutes.
- You will be dropped off at the appropriate departures area (please tell the driver which airline you are using).
- Please allow for plenty of time for check-in, baggage drop off and security clearance to make your appointed boarding time.
From Toronto-Pearson Airport to Union Station
- The new Union Pearson (UP) Express rail link connecting Toronto Pearson Airport with Union Station in downtown Toronto is the best option. It takes 25 minutes, and departs every 15 minutes between 5:30am and 1:00am daily.
- The connection between Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 of Toronto Pearson International Airport is provided by the Terminal Link train, a free service. UP Express station is directly adjacent to the Terminal Link train station in Terminal 1.
- With only two brief stops at Bloor and Weston GO Stations, UP Express is the fastest and most reliable way to get between Toronto Pearson Airport and Union Station.
- VIA tickets departing from and arriving at YYZ already include an UP Express ticket. Passengers must check-in 72 hours before departure in order to retrieve their tickets.
What if the passenger misses their train connection?
In the event that the passenger arrives at a VIA Rail station either 24 hrs earlier or later than their scheduled train departure time (indicated on the boarding pass), the passenger may exchange his/her ticket for another departure (subject to space availability) with no service charges. Passenger must go to Via Rail ticket counter to make this arrangement.
Terms & Conditions
- Your rail ticket is not transferable and is valid only for travel on the train(s) and date(s) shown.
- For operational reasons, VIA Rail reserves the right to restrict platform access five (5) minutes before your scheduled departure.
- Times shown are not guaranteed. If necessary, VIA Rail may cancel a train or substitute alternate transportation without notice.
- To ensure all passengers’ safety, VIA Rail reserves the right to inspect all baggage.
- You are responsible at all times for your carry-on baggage. VIA Rail assumes a limited liability for loss or damage to checked baggage. Ask VIA Rail personnel for more details.
- VIA Rail is not liable for missed flight connections and related costs.
Other conditions apply to your travel.